By now, you’d know that GIF is not a video so you can’t play or share it on the platforms which don’t support GIF. Thankfully, there are some applications which can help us out. The blog post explores 5 best free GIF to video converters for Android in 2020.
Table of contents
Here is the quick comparison of the mentioned apps.
|Video Format Factory|
|Video Converter MP4, 3GP, MKV Cutter Trimmer|
|Full Video Converter|
|Video Converter Android|
GIF to Video
A new app in the market, GIF to Video was released last year and since then it has been downloaded over 50 thousand times. It takes some time to initialise first and it does not show all GIFs in the app. You need to open the file picker and select the GIF from there. To convert to the video:
- Touch and the select file and open a GIF.
- Tap on the convert option.
- The app will convert and show the download and share buttons. The saved videos are in Gif to MP4 folder in the file manager.
GIF to Video
A simple app with over 1 million downloads, GIF to Video converts GIFs to videos easily.
- Open the local tab in the app if the GIF is saved on the device. The app will show all the saved GIFs.
- Tap on the one you want to convert. You can also check the file name, size, duration etc, by holding on the GIF.
- Tap on convert to convert the GIF to a video.
The app offers to play the video from the app or share to your favourite apps. You can find the video in Gif2Video folder in the files.
GIF to Video also offers to change global settings. You can:
- Adjust the speed of the video
- Convert the GIF reversed
- Change scale type to fit
- Change aspect ratio (Offers Instagram story and Instagram post options)
- Change the background colour to white or black
- Change the repeat counts
GIF2VIDEO – trans GIF to VIDEO
Last updated in 2016, but the app still works smoothly. With over 100 thousand downloads and an average user-based rating of 4.3, the app is one of the popular. It offers both trending on GIPHY and device options, while you can search for GIF on the web in the app.
Furthermore, it comes with video quality option which is not found anywhere else. Anyway, follow the below steps to convert the GIF.
- Go to the local tab or search the GIPHY website on the top.
- Select the repetition, quality, and ratio for the video.
- Tap on the convert button on the bottom.
- Once converted, the app will show the video with social media apps.
- Tap on the video to play in your favourite video player or find the GIF in movies folder in the file manager.
GIF to Video
Another best GIF to video converter for Android is GIF to Video. The ad-free app was released a few months ago, but users are liking it and leaving positive reviews.
The app has an average user-based rating of 4.5, and it converts the videos to MP4 which is supported on almost all the platforms and devices. To convert a GIF:
- Open the app and select the GIF you want to convert.
- Tap on the convert button to convert.
The app won’t play the video, but it shows the saved path which is the GIF2MP4 folder in the DCIM folder.
GIF Maker, GIF Editor, Video Maker, Video to GIF
Along with great features such as editing GIF, video to GIF, screen record to GIF etc., the popular GIF maker also offers to convert GIFs to videos. To convert:
- Download the app and run through the tutorial.
- Find the GIF to Video option. The app will display all the saved GIFs.
- Choose the GIF you want to convert.
- On the next screen, you will see the GIF details alongside the share, delete, and set as options.
- Tap on the right mark on the top right. The next screen suggests the video speed. I recommend leaving the same.
- Once processed, the video will be available to watch. You can share the video straight from the GIF Maker app.
Some social media apps like Instagram do not support GIF, this is where the mentioned apps come to rescue. Just download one of the above and share your GIF as videos. Anyway, I hope the article helped you find the perfect app. Please let me know what do you think and if I missed something. I will get back as soon as I can.