Snapchat records when you take a screenshot and sends the person a notification. How do you screenshot on Snapchat without sending the notification? The blog post will reveal the top four ways to become smarter and screenshot on Snapchat with them knowing in 2021.
Disclaimer and suggestion: Taking a screenshot of snaps is not a good practice, and it’s illegal in some countries. It would be best if you only took screenshots of snaps of people who have permitted you.
Using Google Assistant (Android)
You might not know, but Google Assistant can help you take screenshots without any third-party app.
Although Google Assistant works by long-pressing the home button, it is recommended to activate the voice because the accidental short press will go to the home screen, and the snap will be lost.
Also, with this method, Google Assistant does not save the snap. It only allows sharing in another app, so you can share the screenshot straight to your online drive and download the photo later. Anyway, follow the steps to take screenshots.
- Open snap
- Wake up Google Assistant by saying “OK Google” or long-pressing the home button
- Say “take screenshot” or “capture screenshot” or type “take screenshot”
- Choose the app you want to share the screenshot on
With Google Assistant, you must share the screenshot immediately because the tool does not save the screenshot on its own.
Using Private Screenshots (Android)
It’s a simple app with fewer ads to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing. You will need to allow permission every time you enable the floating icon. Install the app, and on the top right, before the settings menu, there is an option to enable the icon.
After that, any time you tap on the icon, the app will take the screenshot. The app does not work on protected apps such as Chrome incognito mode, Netflix, etc., but it works perfectly fine on Snapchat.
- With screenshots, you can keep the best pictures and delete the rest.
- You can create a GIF of 1 frame per second.
- The app hides information from online and offline apps.
- The app is free and doesn’t save their data to the cloud.
- The floating icon doesn’t look good in the pictures.
- The maximum number of screenshots you can take is 250.
Using a Screen Recorder (Android & iOS)
The second way is the screen recording on Snapchat. The screen recorder is pre-installed on all the latest iPhones and many Android phones. On Android, you can
- Go to the notification panel
- Swipe again to see all tiles
- Tap one the edit button on the left
- Find screen recorder
If the screen recording option is not available, your phone does not support one. You can download the screen recorder down below that I have used for many months.
On the iPhone, since iOS 11, users can record the screen with the built-in screen recorder. By default, it’s disabled, but you can follow the below steps to enable.
- Settings –> Control Centre –> Customise Controls.
- Tap on + sign near the screen recording.
- To record, open the iOS Control Center by swiping up from the bottom edge.
- The option will be there.
Almost all the recording apps allow cropping, sharing, and making a GIF from videos. The problem is, if you want to take screenshots, then you’ll need to take screenshots of the recorded video.
- You can record video snaps
- Most screen recorders allow you to create GIF
- You can record your face while watching the snap
- Some screen recorders can’t take screenshots
Clearing the data cache (Android & iOS)
The method does not require any third-party app, but it is risky because you must do all steps in order. If you miss a step, there are chances that they will get the notification.
Make sure you remember your account details because you might have to log in again. Follow those steps to screenshot on Snapchat with them knowing:
- Open Snapchat and load the snap (do not watch).
- Turn on the aeroplane mode.
- Watch the snap and take a screenshot. The app will not send the notification until you are offline.
- Force stop the app (additional step for satisfaction):
- On Android, go to settings –> Apps & Notifications –> Snapchat –> Force stop.
- On iPhone, swipe up from the bottom and swipe up on Snapchat.
- Clear the cache
- On Android, hold Snapchat and then app setting or go to settings –> Apps & notifications –> Snapchat –> Storage –> Clear cache.
- On iPhone, go to the app settings and scroll down –> Clear cache.
This will clear the cache and remove the data which contains screenshots. Once the cache is cleared, you can connect to the internet. Make sure to test this before taking the real screenshots.
- Doesn’t require a third-party app
- This method is uncertain
- Involves turning off mobile data and WiFi until the process is completed
Recording the phone on PC (Android & iOS)
Another way which doesn’t involve any apps on your phone is phone recording from the PC. You need a couple of software tools.
- QuickTime, if you have an iPhone and Mac.
- ApowerMirror, if you have Android/iOS and Windows/Mac.
- LonelyScreen, if you have an iPhone and PC.
Connect your iPhone to Mac using the data cable. Follow the below steps.
- Open QuickTime Player –> New Movie Recording –> Hover on the record and click on the arrow to select iPhone.
The screen starts to record your phone. If you want to take screenshots, then cmd + shift + 4.
To use ApowerMirror, download the app on both devices. Open the app on both devices and wait for the app to detect the device. Once the service is detected, you can tap on it to connect. You can play around to find the additional settings on your devices.
LonelyScreen is used to connect iPhone/iPad to a Windows PC. Using AirPlay, you can connect your phone. Download the software on Windows and open it. Open AirPlay on iPhone and find the device. The name will be the same which you set on the PC.
You can screenshot and record snaps with one of the above easy to follow methods. I hope the article helped you take screenshots with notification. Thanks for reading, and please let me know if you have any thoughts.