Snapchat records when you take a screenshot, and sends other people a notification. How do you screenshot on Snapchat without sending the notification? The blog post is going to reveal the top four ways to become smarter and screenshot on Snapchat with them knowing in 2020.
Disclaimer and suggestion: Taking a screenshot of snaps is not a good practise and it’s illegal in some countries. You should only take screenshots of snaps of people who have permitted you.
Here is the video covering the three basic ways to screenshot on Snapchat. The fourth way is the last in this blog post.
Using Private Screenshots (Android)
It’s a simple app with fewer ads to screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing. You will need to allow permission every time you enable the floating icon. Install the app, and on the top right, before the settings menu, there is an option to enable the icon. After that, any time you tap on the icon, the app will take the screenshot. The app does not work on protected apps such as Chrome incognito mode, Netflix, etc., but it works perfectly fine on Snapchat.
- With screenshots, you can keep the best pictures and delete the rest.
- You can create GIF of 1 frame per second.
- The app hides information from online and offline apps.
- The app is free and doesn’t save their data to the cloud.
- The floating icon doesn’t look good in the pictures.
- The maximum screenshots you can take is 250.
Using a Screen Recorder (Android & iOS)
The second way is the screen recording on Snapchat. I have been using a screen recorder to record my YouTube videos for over a year. I have also recorded snaps of my friends many times. If you have a Samsung device, then you don’t need to install any app. There is a built-in recorder in the notification panel. On other Android models, download the free app and start capturing the snaps. Screen recording apps let you record anything except the protected apps such as Netflix, browser’s private mode etc.
Almost all the recording apps allow cropping, sharing, and making a GIF from videos. The problem is, if you want to take screenshots, then you’ll need to take screenshots of the recorded video.
On the iPhone, since iOS 11, users can record the screen with the built-in screen recorder. By default, it’s disabled, but you can follow the below steps to enable.
- Settings –> Control Centre –> Customise Controls.
- Tap on + sign near the screen recording.
- To record, open iOS Control Center by swiping up from the bottom edge.
- The option will be there.
- You can record video snaps.
- Most screen recorders allow you to create GIF.
- You can record your face while watching the snap.
- Some screen recorders can’t take screenshots.
Clearing the data cache (Android & iOS)
The method does not require any third-party app, but it is risky because you must do the process in steps. If you miss a step, there are chances that they will get the notification. Make sure you remember your account details because you might have to log in again. Follow those steps to screenshot on Snapchat with them knowing:
- Open Snapchat and load the snap (do not watch).
- Turn on the aeroplane mode.
- Watch the snap and take a screenshot. The app will not send the notification until you are offline.
- Force stop the app (additional step for satisfaction):
- On Android, go to settings –> Apps & Notifications –> Snapchat –> Force stop.
- On iPhone, swipe up from the bottom and swipe up on Snapchat.
- Clear the cache
- On Android, hold Snapchat and then app setting or go to settings –> Apps & notifications –> Snapchat –> Storage –> Clear cache.
- On iPhone, go to the app settings and scroll down –> Clear cache.
This will clear the cache and remove the data which contains about screenshots. Once the cache is cleared, you can connect to the internet. Make sure to test this before taking the real screenshots.
- Doesn’t require a third-party app
- This method is uncertain
- Involves turning off mobile data and WiFi until the process is completed
Recording the phone on PC (Android & iOS)
Another way which doesn’t involve any apps on your phone is phone recording from the PC. You need a couple of software tools.
- QuickTime, if you have iPhone and Mac.
- ApowerMirror, if you have Android/iOS and Windows/Mac.
- LonelyScreen, if you have iPhone and PC.
Connect your iPhone to Mac using the data cable. Follow the below steps.
- Open QuickTime Player –> New Movie Recording –> Hover on the record and click on the arrow to select iPhone.
The screen starts to record your phone. If you want to take screenshots, then cmd + shift + 4.
To use ApowerMirror, download the app on both devices. Open the app in both devices and wait for the app to detect the device. Once the service is detected, you can tap on it to connect. You can play around to find the additional settings on your devices.
LonelyScreen is used to connect iPhone/iPad to a Windows PC. Using AirPlay, you can connect your phone. Download the software on Windows and open it. Open AirPlay on iPhone and find the device. The name will be the same which you set on the PC.
You can screenshot and record snaps with one of the above easy to follow methods. I hope the article helped you take screenshots with notification. Thanks for reading, and please let me know if you have any thoughts.