Grammarly is one of the popular programs helping millions of users write better. Since its birth, the company has evolved.
Here are some great Grammarly user and company stats to see its reach and potential.
Top Grammarly stats
- Grammarly has over 30 million active users.
- Grammarly’s valuation is about $13 billion.
- The company has over 450 staff members.
Grammarly total users
Grammarly has over 30 million daily active users as of May 2023. Over 50,000 organizations also use Grammarly daily.
The app only had 1 million users in 2015, and after the release of its free extension, the user base increased to almost 6 million in 2016 and 7 million in 2017.
The company had 15 million users in 2018 and around 20 million in 2019. It grew by a whopping 10 million the following year, crossing the 30 million number for the first time.
Grammarly still says it has over 30 million users.
Please note that the Grammarly registered users are a lot more than 30 million. It had 3 million registered users in 2013 but had 1 million daily active users in 2015.
Grammarly is valued at $13 billion as of its last funding round in November 2021. The company hasn’t raised any money after that, so the exact value is unknown.
In its earlier round of funding, Grammarly’s valuation was over $1 billion in 2019, when it raised $90 million.
Check out my GrammarlyGO review
Grammarly has raised money three times. In 2017, the company raised $110 million. In 2019, they raised $90 million, and in 2021 Grammarly raised $200 million.
In total, Grammarly has raised $400 million in three funding rounds.
The company does not disclose its revenue frequently, but some other websites have mentioned that its annual revenue could be as much as $100 million.
Grammarly grew its revenue by 2,326% percent from 2009 to 2013.
Total Grammarly employees
Grammarly has over 450 staff working full time to improve Grammarly.
It had less than 225 staff members in 2020, and the company recruited over 225 members in 2021 and 2022. In 2017, Grammarly had 110 employees.
Mentions and awards
- Grammarly was on the Forbes Cloud 100 list in 2022.
- Grammarly is also on the TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list of 2022.
- The company was one of the most innovative companies in artificial intelligence.
- Grammarly won over 10 awards in 2021, including the best company for Women, Culture, and Diversity.
A fine comparison: ChatGPT versus Grammarly
Other Grammarly stats
- Even though Grammarly was launched in 2009, its free browser extension came in 2015.
- Grammarly has offices in four locations worldwide, including New York and San Francisco.
- Its headquarters are in San Francisco.
- About 51% of Grammarly users are male, and 49% are female.
- Over 30% of Grammarly users are aged between 25 and 34.
- About 39% of Grammarly users are from the US, followed by the Philippines and India.
- Grammarly Chrome extension has 10 million downloads.
- Its keyboard app on Google Play also has 10 million downloads with an average rating of 4.4.
- Its keyboard app on the App Store has a 4.5 average user rating with over 68 thousand ratings.
Grammarly has grown massively because of the need for a good writing assistant. From its writing tool to its AI text generation tool, it has many projects under its umbrella.
We will surely see more of Grammarly, but this is all for the Grammarly stats. I hope the guide helped. Please share your thoughts in the comments.
My name is Madhsudhan Khemchandani. I have a bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering (Honours). I have been writing articles on apps and software for over five years. I have also made over 200 videos on YouTube. Read more about me on the About page.