Airtable, formerly known as Formagrid, is an online tool for creating and maintaining databases. Its data-managing nature attracts many users worldwide.
What is the company’s worth, and how many employees does it have? This is the Airtable user and company stats.
- Over 300,000 businesses use Airtable.
- 80% of the Fortune 100 use Airtable.
- Airtable has received $1.4 billion in funding as of today.
- Over 30% of Airtable customers have subscribed to paid plans.
Over 300,000 organizations use Airtable, and around 30% are paying to use the premium features. 80% of the Fortune 100 companies use Airtable.
Source: About Airtable
Airtable generated around $100 million in revenue, crossing this number for the first time. Its revenue in 2020 was $73 million (up from $45 million in 2019).
In 2017, Airtable’s revenue was around $20, about $12.8 million more than the year before ($7.5 million in 2016).
Airtable’s valuation is $11.7 billion as of December 2021, which is $6 billion, up from 2020. In 2020, it raised $185 million at a $5.7 billion valuation.
It did not succeed much in 2019, as the valuation in 2018 and 2019 was around $1 billion.
Airtable funding history
Airtable has raised money seven times until today. The company has raised a total of $1.4 billion. It raised around $3 million and then $7.6 million in 2015.
Then it raised $52 million in 2018, followed by $100 million in 2019. It raised around $185 million in 2020 and $270 and $735 million in 2020.
Fifty investors have invested in Airtable, including XN, Thrive Capital, and CRV.
Related: Airtable vs. ClickUp
Airtable has over 700 employees. In 2021, the company aimed to hire around 500 staff to double the employee count. By the end of 2021, about 650 people were employed at Airtable.
It had less than ten employees when it raised $3 million in 2013.
Airtable locations and geography
Airtable’s headquarters are in San Francisco, United States. It also has offices at three other locations in the US. Those include:
- Austin, Texas
- Mountain View, California
- New York
Over 50% of Airtable clients are from the US. Most Airtable users are men, and the most common age group of visitors is 25 to 34.
- Female: 44%
- Male: 56%
The following are some of the awards won by Airtable:
- CNBC Disruptor 50 list
- Products that Count award
- Forbes Cloud 100 list
Airtable extra stats
- Airtable is at number 6 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of 2022.
- Airtable has acquired two companies: Bayes and Walrus.ai.
- Year-to-year growth for Airtable is around 39%.
- Between 100,000 and 1 million times, the term Airtable is searched on Google every month in the US.
- The Airtable Android app has been downloaded on over 500 million devices.
- Airtable is a private company. The company has talked about going public, but the date is not announced yet.
Related: Canva User and Company Stats
Airtable remains one of the best database management tools, despite a drop in its global rating over the past three months from 2,176 to 2,288.
Supporting some of the best businesses worldwide, including Netflix, Shopify, Spotify, and GitHub, it is one of the prominent companies in the US.
This is the end of Airtable user and company stats. I hope the data was helpful. Drop your comments below if you have any questions or suggestions.