A 2013 startup with a mission to provide an excellent web-based design tool has grown to be one of the best companies in the world.
Millions of users use Canva, and over 6 million designs are created in a single day, which is a whopping number considering there are other design programs.
In this article, you will find information about the company, its users, revenue, valuation, and more that will give you new insight into how Canva has grown.
Top Canva statistics
- Over 125 million users use Canva every month.
- Canva has about 2,500 employees.
- 80 designs are created on Canva every second.
- Canva’s revenue in 2021 was $1 billion.
As of March 2023, Canva has over 125 million users in over 190 countries. The number has increased from 60 million in 2022.
Canva reported 75 million users in March 2022, and in October 2022, they said that over 100 million users use Canva every month.
In 2020, the service was home to over 40 million users, increasing from 30 million in 2019. The 2017 and 2018 figures are missing, but the expected number is around 15 million and 20 million.
Canva’s users in 2016 were 1.5 million, rising from 750,000 users in 2014. Among the 100 million Canva users, over 500,000 are paying for the paid plans.
Canva currently has 2,500 employees. The company hired 1,350 new members crossing the 2,000-employee mark.
In 2019, Canva’s employee number was just 700. It also receives thousands of applications every year.
In 2021, Canva reported revenue was $1 billion. This is two times what it reported in 2020. In 2020, it generated $500 million in revenue.
Since 2016, the revenue has been multiplying. During the 2016 and 2017 financial years, Canva generated $23.5 million.
During the following financial year (2018-2019), it generated $86.3 million in revenue. In 2019 alone, the company reported revenue of $291 million.
A comparison: Canva versus Photoshop
Here are the stats you should know about designs on Canva:
- Over 15 billion designs have been created with Canva as of Feb 2023.
- Over 3.5 billion Canva designs were created in 2021.
- Among this massive number, over 227 million designs were presentation designs.
- Of the same number, over 480 million designs were video designs.
- About 80 designs are created on Canva every second.
- This is 4,800 designs every minute.
- This makes it to 288,000 designs every hour.
Canva was valued at $1 billion in 2018. Since then, it has been increasing. In 2019, it raised money with a valuation of $2.5 billion. Their valuation increased from $2.5 to $6 billion in 2020.
The massive boost was in 2021 when Canva’s valuation jumped from $6 billion to $40. By the end of 2021, Canva was valued at $40 billion.
As of July 2022, although it’s not fully confirmed, Canva’s valuation declined by about 36%, reducing its total value from $40 billion to $26 billion.
Canva was valued at $25.5 billion in August 2023 after adding two new investors, Financial Review reported. Even though it’s a solid figure, Canva’s valuation has declined in the last two years.
Over 25 million teachers and students
Around 27 million teachers and students use Canva daily in over 190 countries. The latest numbers were reported in September 2022.
Since the launch of Canva Education, the program has attracted over 25 million users.
Over 400,000 nonprofit accounts
Canva reported in May 2023 that over 400K nonprofits use Canva around the globe.
- Canva ranked as the number one design company in 2022, according to Fast Company. It was also the 10th most innovative company in the world.
- The iOS app also won the Best App Store Award in 2021.
- The company won the “Overall Design Collaboration Company of the Year” award by RemoteTech Breakthrough.
- Canva was the top third in the 2023 CNBC’s Disruptor 50 Companies list.
While you are here: Best Canva Presentation Templates
Over 100 million users have downloaded the Canva app from Google Play Store. It has an average user-based rating of 4.8.
The app also has an average used-based rating of 3.5 on the App Store.
- There are around 10,000 fonts on Canva. This includes all languages and free and premium fonts.
- It has over 1,000 English fonts.
- Canva has over 7,500 fonts in other languages.
- Over 300 million people visit Canva monthly (including all their services).
- Around 17% of the traffic coming to the Canva website is from the US.
- Between 1 million and 10 million users in the US search for the term “Canva” on Google every month.
- The Canva team planted over 1 million trees through their one print, one tree program.
- One Woman’s ALS Journey raised over $750,000 using Canva for their designs.
- Canva’s headquarters are in Sydney, Australia.
- They have offices in two other cities: Manila and Beijing.
- Canva reached the 1 million design mark in 2015.
- Over 1 billion designs were created on Canva by the end of 2019.
Canva has grown in recent years. Even though everything is returning to normal, Canva’s popularity has stayed.
I hope this Canva user and company stats article helped you see the essential data about its users. Please let me know if I missed any, and I will add them to the report as soon as possible.
My name is Madhsudhan Khemchandani. I have a bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering (Honours). I have been writing articles on apps and software for over five years. I have also made over 200 videos on YouTube. Read more about me on the About page.